How can we help?
Letting Agents in Portsmouth
As one of the longest established and most experienced letting agents in Portsmouth, we offer a comprehensive service to landlords with a portfolio of five or more properties. We specialise in the management of property portfolios that include Regulated, Assured and Assured Shorthold Tenancies governed by the Rent and Housing Acts.
We do not offer a ‘one size fits all’ solution but prefer to tailor our services to meet our Clients requirements. After viewing this web site please contact us if you require any further information or would like to discuss your specific requirements in more detail.
There are two general levels of service we can provide:
Let us find you the right tenant – ‘Let Only’
Typically our let only service would include:
- Advertising - on www.rightmove.co.uk, www.chinneckshaw.co.uk, www.teamprop.co.uk, www.globrix.com & numerous other online property websites.
- The provision of a to-let board outside the property
- The provision of an Energy Performance Certificate (this is a mandatory requirement when advertising a property to let)
- Deal with enquiries from applicants and arrange accompanied viewings of the property in order to meet any prospective tenants
- Carry out full referencing on the proposed tenant(s) using an independent referencing company. (Including: affordability & credit checks, employment references & previous landlord references) A guarantor will be requested where necessary.
- If references are satisfactory, arrange the details of the letting and draft the relevant tenancy agreement [usually an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement [AST].
- Prepare an inventory (a record of the contents and condition of the property) including a DVD of photographs.
- Arrange and conduct a check in of the new tenants to the property including: signing of the contracts, collection of the deposit and first months rent, an explanation & receipt of the inventory, to take meter readings and inform the relevant utility companies.
- Optional holding of the deposit and logging with The Dispute Service.
This service is ideal for the more ‘hands-on’ landlord who wishes to be responsible for the day-to-day management of their property. A rent collection service can also be provided if desired.