As the day’s draw closer to the clocks going back on October 30, you can definitely feel a crispness in the air – autumn is well and truly here.
The season of conkers and walking through crisp, fallen leaves is definitely a good time to be selling your home.
The property market is still buoyant and with Christmas literally just around the corner, people are keen to get transactions underway and sorted. They may even be time for those who want to to move in and celebrate their first yuletide gathering under a new roof.
With many years experience helping people to sell their homes at this time of year, Manager Lizzie Burt has these top tips:
- Light your woodburner or if you have a real fire get it glowing in the hearth. Nothing makes a home feel more cosy than a real fire.
- If the viewing takes place in the late afternoon or early evening, lighting is really important. You want to create a warm glow about your home – T-lights and fairy lights help to enhance the mood.
- Scented candles are also a good idea but be warned there is a balance to be had and too much fragrance can be a little overpowering.
- Throws and cushions in autumnal tones can help to endorse the feeling of warmth and comfort.
- Brush up those fallen leaves – while gardens may not be looking their best, it’s important to keep them tidy and show their springtime potential.