Be open to ‘broken-plan’ living
After open-plan living, loft conversions and basement extensions, ‘broken-plan’ is the latest trend to hit the property market.
According to an article in the Daily Telegraph, it’s not so much about adding space as making more of what you have.
For example, splitting one large open-plan room into areas for eating and cooking, having family time – or simply being alone.
Easy ideas to create the broken-plan look include:
- Using a set of bookshelves to create a half wall
- Adding sliding doors to divide spaces
- Think in terms of scale or height to break rooms up
- Furniture can help create a feeling of separation or boundaries
- Space and cost allowing, there’s always the option of structural changes such as half walls or new fire places
Visit the Daily Telegraph website at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/interiors/forget-open-plan-interiors-get-broken-plan-look-home/ to see more details.