As one of the longest established and most experienced letting agents in Portsmouth , we offer a comprehensive service to landlords with a portfolio of five or more properties. We specialise in the management of property portfolios that include Regulated, Assured and Assured Shorthold Tenancies governed by the Rent and Housing Acts.
We do not offer a ‘one size fits all’ solution but prefer to tailor our services to meet our Clients requirements. After viewing this web site please contact us if you require any further information or would like to discuss your specific requirements in more detail.
There are two general levels of service we can provide:
Let us find you the right tenant – ‘Let Only’
Typically our let only service would include:
- Advertising - on www.rightmove.co.uk, www.chinneckshaw.co.uk, www.teamprop.co.uk, www.globrix.com & numerous other online property websites.
- The provision of a to-let board outside the property
- The provision of an Energy Performance Certificate (this is a mandatory requirement when advertising a property to let)
- Deal with enquiries from applicants and arrange accompanied viewings of the property in order to meet any prospective tenants
- Carry out full referencing on the proposed tenant(s) using an independent referencing company. (Including: affordability & credit checks, employment references & previous landlord references) A guarantor will be requested where necessary.
- If references are satisfactory, arrange the details of the letting and draft the relevant tenancy agreement [usually an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement [AST].
- Prepare an inventory (a record of the contents and condition of the property) including a DVD of photographs.
- Arrange and conduct a check in of the new tenants to the property including: signing of the contracts, collection of the deposit and first months rent, an explanation & receipt of the inventory, to take meter readings and inform the relevant utility companies.
- Optional holding of the deposit and logging with The Dispute Service.
This service is ideal for the more ‘hands-on’ landlord who wishes to be responsible for the day-to-day management of their property. A rent collection service can also be provided if desired.
Let us take care of it all – ‘Full Management’
In addition to the let only service:
- The collection of rent with monthly or quarterly statements.
- Arrangement of all repairs and maintenance to the property up to an agreed amount. We work closely with a number of local and trustworthy contractors covering a wide range of services.
- Arranging and maintaining records on tenancies and other matters e.g. Gas Safety Records.
- Payment of outgoings relating to the property.
- Collection of service charge and insurance payments on leasehold properties.
- Arrangement and payment of insurance where necessary.
- Service of any relevant notices. Eg Notice to Recover Possession, Notice of Rent Increase.
- Advice on Registered Rents, Consultations with Rent Officer and Submissions to Rent Assessment Panels.
- Regular inspections of the property.
- As well as lettings we can arrange Lease Renewals and negotiating Rent Reviews.
- At the end of the tenancy we will conduct a check-out inspection of the property, often with the tenant present to collect the keys. Any damage done or repairs required will be deducted from the tenants deposit before it is refunded to them.
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme [TDS]. Under new legislation Landlord’s are required to lodge all deposits with a Tenancy Deposit Scheme to protect a tenant’s deposit. We are registered with a scheme called “The Dispute Service” and will deal with all requirements on the Landlords behalf.
This service is ideal for landlords who want to be free of all management duties. We have years of experience fully managing large portfolios so are able to offer a truly bespoke service to suit your specific needs.
Anything else we can do? - Extra support
There are also a number of other services we are experienced in providing including:
- Advice on the purchase of property for buy-to-let purposes
- The co-ordination of major works and refurbishment of properties. We have an in-house building contractor with years of experience in refurbishing properties for the purpose of letting out who can offer a stress-free and competitive service.
- Our dedicated sales team is also available to advise and assist in the sale and purchase of buy-to-let property.
We’ll go that extra mile - Location
Our office is based in Portsmouth and most of the properties we manage are on Portsea Island but we currently manage properties across a large area from as far as the Isle of Wight to the south, Southampton to the west, Petersfield to the north and Bognor Regis to the east.
If you have anymore questions about the services we provide for landlords visit Contact Us and get in touch so we can discuss your specific needs in more detail.
Regulated by the RICS – for your peace of mind and protection
RICS is the leading organisation of its kind in the world for professionals in property, construction, land and related environmental issues. Governed by a Royal Charter, it means that first and foremost RICS has a duty to act in and protect the public interest.
When engaging a firm “Regulated by RICS”, it is reassuring to know that as well as providing the service you need, it is also regulated by a world renowned and respected professional body.
In a world where people, governments, banks and commercial organisations demand greater transparency and certainty of professional standards and values, attaining RICS status is the recognised mark of property professionalism.
Looking fir the designation “Regulated by RICS” after a firm’s name offers you unrivalled security and expertise right through the letting process.
Protection of client’s money
RICS fund a Client’s Money Protection Scheme. This is a free service provided by RICS to clients of firms that are regulated by RICS.
Client’s who entrust money to firms regulated by RICS are protected in the unlikely event that money is mishandled.